Monday, April 1, 2019

Basic Requirements

Basic Requirements



I need you.
Like in the old days
As we stepped down from the trees
And you helped me find water on the Serengeti
As we hid from prowling lions.

And today
When you helped fix my cell phone
And later went to the grocery in my stead
So I could safely plant our garden.

I needed you
Then and now
To teach me
When to be smart 
And when to be wise
When to act and when to wait.
When to sow and when to reap.

And we need each other 
To acknowledge our limitations
To correct our mistakes
And to build upon our brilliant truths
To join collectively
To care deeply
To find strength in our numbers
To celebrate our synergy
To revel in our survival.

I need you
And we desperately need each other.

Because we can be greater 
Than the sum of our scattered numbers.

There is no better way.






No comments: