Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Give It a Reasonable Chance

Back in my yurting days
I had a garden
That was riddled with fresh cilantro
Jumping out of the ground
Along with bountiful bananas
Hand over fist
And avocados that flew off the trees
Like cannon balls.

Give it a reasonable chance
And life will provide such riches
Depending of course
On what you plant
And what you choose to harvest.

There are no guarantees of course
Although in Hawaii
You can generally depend on
Rain and sunshine.
Those come free.

Running away from my former life
Was filled with potential,
Although I struggled to make the trip
With just one carry on.

American Airlines
Does not charge for emotional baggage,
Still, there can be a steep
Price to pay.

In letting go,
Breaking free of the falsehoods, flaws and foibles
That I held in my self-made vise grips
Pointed me in the direction of aloha.


No comments: