Monday, November 19, 2018

Stop Pretending

I can stop pretending
I know who I am
Or at least who I think I am
I have my suspicions

 I am addicted to my tale
And so self-dependent, self-defined
Liable with no certain assurances
A life long fear of being unmasked
My story that can fill my day
And serve soma for the night
I am a lamb on the lamb
Make it ok mama
Make it ok.

A patina of duplicity is found to exist
Maybe I have fooled the rest of you
Shame-shame
And god knows I have tried to fool myself
Blame-blame
With little lies and bigger stories
I know where the trophies are displayed
I know where the bodies are buried.

But it is such a cumbersome burden
To be out amongst the tribes
Yours and mine
Who I judge to be judgmental.

Silent is not secret, hear me?
Words are not walls, brick-by-brick
Two meanings serve two masters.

I am a cat out of the bag
Can’t you see?
So, isn’t that enough for you?
Isn’t that enough for me?






No comments: