Friday, May 30, 2014

Stand Tall

 
I find myself walking through a couple lovely pastures several times per day. What great fortune. When I do I try to remember to do the following: Smile.  Stand up straight and walk tall; head high, shoulders back. I pull my stomach in a little. I feel my body in relationship to the rest of the environment.
Then I stop and take note of something along the way.  It might be a cloud, the ocean, or a small tuft of sheep wool, a blade of grass, a drop of water...  There are plenty of things to notice, if I give it my attention.  All of this helps settle and reset my mind.  If I am "down"  I come up. If I am "up" I have joy.  It quiets me and at the same time fills me with riches.
 
I think this could be done by anyone, anywhere.  Walking through the city, across a room, by the ocean, in a parking lot.
It takes but a moment.
Give it a try and tell me what you experienced.
Paul  A
 

No comments: