Thursday, April 5, 2018

Drive By

There are signs that clearly point the way,
If you read them
If you let them:

I drive by Chickadee Way
And wonder what they say there
About me
About you.
What do they know?
And I puzzle that a handful of feathers
can so easily cheer
A wanting heart.

I drive by Granite Street
And think long and hard
About just how long and large
The universe is/was/will be
And how small and short my stay
And how great the opportunity.

I drive by Easy Street
(Yes, there is such a place)
And picture people
Warm hand in hand, I think
Blind and blissfully
Joined together to lessen pain
To share a knowing smile
Lessons learned.

I drive by Poet's Corner
(Which is really a pocket park)
And I fill it like black Friday
With a line around the block
Around the world
Sending beauty word by word
Into the tingling future of now.

Drive carefully
But look for your way
Side street, alley or circle
You may need to round the block
Or even get out and walk
To find the streets where your mind can wander
Where your heart can live.




No comments: