Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Lost Shoe

"No need for alarm..."
(Which surely sends a chill
in a world fraught with peril)
So,
No need for alarm,
But,
I have lost a shoe,
One that I wear frequently,
And although it is a big wide wonderful world
I can rule out most of it
And limit my search to somewhere near
The shoe that I still have.
It is the right one,
So possibly it has run away
No longer able to tolerate its proximity
With the Left?

I do live with a ferret.
He eats cat kibble
But when he is loose
He porpoises around
Randomly attacking small objects
And dragging them away to his secret lair
Which is usually under the bathroom sink
Or behind the toilet.
(I've tried baiting him with the remaining shoe
to see where he takes it.)
No luck.
And it will likely take some time
Before he is done with the first one.

So it makes me wonder,
What am I missing in my search,
A clue to this puzzle?
A need to think outside the shoebox?
This is a curious riddle
And either I solve it
Or
Admit to the possibility
That I am losing my mind,
One shoe at a time,
But,
No need for alarm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you found your shoe while getting ready to move? Grin...

Matt